Cat fleas are the number one vector (transmitter) of Bartonella henselae, the Cat Scratch Disease bacteria. Ticks, lice, and biting flies are also known vectors for the transmission of Bartonella species. Protect your pets and your family with good preventative measures.
- Use monthly flea and tick preventative treatments as appropriate on your pets.
- Treat your yard regularly with a flea and tick preventative.
- Check your pets regularly for fleas, ticks, and lice.
- Respond promptly to infestations in your home.
- Consult with a medical practitioner should your pet or a family member show signs of illness.
For more good advice on flea and tick prevention, check out this video from the American Veterinary Medical Association: